Membership Terms and Conditions
1. When does my membership start?
Membership begins the day you register.
2. What if I change my mind?
For the Future Hope Total Health Membership, you have 30 days from the day you register online to change your mind to receive a full refund of your membership fee, minus a one month registration fee. After 30 days your membership is non-refundable.
3. What’s not included in a Future Hope Total Health membership:
* Supplements members choose to purchase through Future Hope or other sources.
* The cost of laboratory tests.
* Many lab tests are covered fully or partially by your health insurance plan, however depending on your insurance some may not be covered at all, or may require a co-pay.
* We do our best to negotiate attractive cash prices, that in many cases will be significantly more cost effective than using your insurance plan.
* Healthcare services other than those specified above, whether provided by Future Hope Total Health or others. Services provided other than by Future Hope Total Health, such as emergency and specialist care, will be billed to you or your insurance plan by those providers.
4. More on what it means to be a Member:
* Please note that becoming a Member does not mean that you are an investor in or owner of Future Hope Total Health.
* It simply means that you have purchased the set of services that come with a particular membership.
* There is no penalty if you choose not to renew your membership
5. Restrictions for virtual and distance members:
* First visit must be a face-to-face appointment with a physician in our office.
* You will otherwise be treated the same as all other Future Hope Total Health members. You have access to our advice as wellness consultants, and we can recommend lab tests and supplements for you based on the information you share with us.
6. What counts as a visit with my Future Hope Total Health doctor?
* Initial in person visits are always scheduled for 60-75 minutes.
* The first follow up visit will be 45-60 minutes and may be in person, or via video/telemedicine.
* Additional visits will last 30-60 minutes depending on your specific needs, and can be in person, or via telemedicine/video.
* Simple medical questions can be handled via email or via the patient portal and non-medical questions can be addressed by the Future Hope Total Health health coaches and staff.
7. Email etiquette
If an email question or request is deemed by your Future Hope Total Health doctor or one of Future Hope Total Health’s staff to be too complicated or involved for us to respond via email, or they determine that your condition requires an in person exam or evaluation, they may, at their discretion, require that the member schedule a telemedicine, or in person visit instead of responding via email.
8. Scheduling and canceling appointments
Appointments must be scheduled in advance during normal Future Hope Total Health business hours and, although we will make every effort to accommodate your preferences, scheduling visits will be on a first-come basis and will be subject to our team members’ individual availability.
* There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with a Future Hope Total Health doctor or health coach. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
* No-shows: If you do not show up to a video/telemedicine appointment, or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with via phone or email, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
* We guarantee that we will have sufficient availability for you to schedule your provider sessions on a monthly basis. However, should your scheduling preferences not match our availability we are under no obligation to refund or extend your membership. If you have trouble scheduling a convenient visit call or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to resolve the issue in a mutually satisfactory way.
9. We are not an insurance plan and do not take the place of a health insurance plan
We advise all members to maintain a separate health insurance plan of their choosing. You should also note that the Affordable Care Act (commonly called “Obama Care”) includes a general requirement that all U.S. citizens purchase health insurance. A Future Hope Total Health membership does not meet this requirement.
10. We do not take the place of your primary care physician
At Future Hope Total Health we offer functional medicine and while we may offer many services that are similar to those provided by a primary care physician, we do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement that you select a primary care physician in your network, as we do not participate with any insurance carriers. We also require that you have a primary care physician of record as we do not handle medical or mental health emergencies.
11. We do not take the place of your specialist
If you need to see an OBGYN, a surgeon, or a cardiologist for example, you will be referred appropriately. The costs associated with the services provided by specialists or any other health care provider outside of Future Hope Total Health are not covered by your Future Hope Total Health membership
12. We do not bill insurance companies
The cost of any services provided by Future Hope Total Health which are not included in the membership fee will be billed to you directly.
* Non-Future Hope Total Health medical expenses such as lab testing may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
* Future Hope Total Health will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
* Upon your request we will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
13. About Lab Tests
* Most lab tests ordered by a Future Hope Total Health physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
* Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Future Hope Total Health.
* The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with your Future Hope Total Health doctor and may include blood, saliva, urine, or stool testing.
* We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
* You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
* Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Future Hope Total Health physician.
* At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Future Hope Total Health, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed. This is not included in your membership fee.
* If your particular insurance company only pays for bloodwork done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having bloodwork done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs however, including _________, which is the lab used by Future Hope Total Health because of their favorable pricing policies for patients.
14. Membership Cancellation Policy:
You have 30 days from the day you register online to change your mind to receive a full refund of your membership fee minus a one month registration fee. After 30 days your membership is non-refundable. Interruptions in the availability of or access to Future Hope Total Health’s services or interruptions due to circumstances outside of Future Hope Total Health’s control will not create a right to cancel your membership or request a refund/credit.
15. Your Future Hope Total Health membership is personal to you...
…and may not be shared, assigned or transferred to anyone else even if you are not using it.
Future Hope Total Health’s services are available at: 231 Midland Park
Shelbyville, KY 40065 And, of course, remotely video (telemedicine), the web and email as noted above.
17. Before your first visit
Prior to your first scheduled visit to Future Hope Total Health you will be required to provide medical and health background information and sign certain releases/authorizations and other documents regarding the care to be provided by Future Hope Total Health and your personal information. You will not be able to access our medical care services until this paperwork is completed as required by Future Hope Total Health. Instructions for completion of this paperwork will be provided separately.
If you wish to become a Member of Future Hope Total Health please indicate your agreement with the terms described above by checking the box next to “I AGREE.” This action will create a contract between you and Future Hope Total Health which may only be amended or supplemented in writing signed by you and Future Hope Total Health. You will become a Future Hope Total Health member when you receive written notification from our office following our receipt of your electronically signed copy of this agreement, your membership fee payment and any additional information we may request.
Welcome to Future Hope Total Health!
Last updated: 03/04/2018
Copyright © 2016 Future Hope Total Health, All rights reserved